School menus for the terms
- Click - Autumn Winter 2021/2022 HCL Coloured Menu
- Click - Autumn Winter 2021/2022 Pupils Choice Option Form
- Click - Autumn 2020 HCL Coloured Menu ( no change due to covid)
- Click - Autumn 2020 Pupils Choice Option form
- Click - Summer 2020 Pupils Choice School Meals Menu Letter
- Click - Summer 2020 Pupils Choice Menu
- Click - Fact Sheet for Universal FSM
- Click - Fact Sheet for Yr 3 upwards FSM
HCL Changes To How You Can Pay For Your Child's School Meals from 1/4/21
HCL will be changing their bank account to Nat West from 1/4/21. Therefore only online payments can be made. Click on the letter below to find out more.
Click to access - HCL Letter changes to school meals payments
School Meals Charges - September 2021
From September 2021 the cost of a school meals has increased to £2.60 per meal. Please see below the cost for the following term.
Thursday 6th January 2022 - Friday 11th February 2022 = 27 days @ £2.60 = £70.20
Monday 21st February 2022 - Friday 1st April 2022 30 days £2.60 = £78.00
Meals of a high standard provided by Hertfordshire Catering are cooked daily in our school kitchen. They offer children a well-balanced, nutritious meal and form an important introduction to social skills.
ALL MEALS ARE NOW TO BE PAID VAI SCHOOLCOMMS
Free School Meals (FSMs) - Please register for all FSM Reception -Yr 6
- Click on the link below to register: or phone HCC Education Hotline on 01438 737370 or 01923 471370 for further details
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
Universal Infant Free School Meals - Please register - Reception - Yr2 onlyClick on the link below to register:
As of September 2014, the Children and Families Act 2014 places a legal duty on all state-funded schools in England, including academies and free schools to offer a free school lunch to all pupils in reception, year 1 and year 2.
It is important that parents that would otherwise have been eligible for FSMs apply for them as this affects our Pupil Premium which we use to provide additional support.
Please register your child for FSMs if you are entitled - even if they are in Reception, Year 1 or 2.
Children are asked to bring a piece of fruit, fruit drink or savoury snack for morning break. Please do not send chocolate, sweets, crisps, fizzy drinks, glass bottles or cans. We are a healthy school!
The Foundation Stage and KS1 are provided with a piece of fruit daily.