Meals of a high standard provided by Hertfordshire Catering are cooked daily in our school kitchen. They offer children a well-balanced, nutritious meal and form an important introduction to social skills.
From Autumn 2015, school dinners will cost £2.20 per day or £11.00 per week. Cheques should be made payable in advance to Hertfordshire Catering Ltd.
Free School Meals (FSMs) - Please register
You may be entitled to claim free school meals for your child / ren.
In England, children are entitled to receive FSM if their parents or carers are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs)
• Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
• During the initial roll out of the benefit, Universal Credit
Claiming school meals has never been faster, easier or more convenient. Claim on line at
or phone HCC Education Hotline on 01438 737370 or 01923 471370 for further details.
Universal Infant Free School Meals - Please register
As of September 2014, the Children and Families Act 2014 places a legal duty on all state-funded schools in England, including academies and free schools to offer a free school lunch to all pupils in reception, year 1 and year 2.
It is important that parents that would otherwise have been eligible for FSMs apply for them as this affects our Pupil Premium which we use to provide additional support.
Please register your child for FSMs if you are entitled - even if they are in Reception, Year 1 or 2.
Children are asked to bring a piece of fruit, fruit drink or savoury snack for morning break. Please do not send chocolate, sweets, crisps, fizzy drinks, glass bottles or cans. We are a healthy school!
The Foundation Stage and KS1 are provided with a piece of fruit daily.